We will be looking at occurrences that bring about SINUSITIS through Infections and Allergies. Now before we go into Infection as root cause of SINUSITIS, let us first identify what Sinusitis is all about.
Sinusitis is simply the inflammation of the paranasal cavities. It is also the inflammation of the small cavities in the facial bones connecting with the nostrils through small holes.
Note that the interior of these cavities or sinuses is covered by a mucous layer. That is why the inflammation produces headache and other discomforts and as such slow to cure. Sinusitis can be classified as Acute, Subacute and Chronic depending on its longevity and recurrence. We will not go into details here as our focus is going to be on the root causes.
Some common symptoms of Sinusitis are:
- Headache/facial pain
Pressureinside the face
- Fever accompanied
- Nasal discharge
- Tooth aching in the upper jaw
- loose of smell and taste
- Bad breath
oftenlyin Chronic cases
INFECTION AS A CAUSE OF SINUSITIS
The most common way to get this disease is through infections. Getting to know some of these ways will go a long way to reduce risks of future occurrence. Before I list the common infections that bring about SINUSITIS, I would like to add that most disease are contracted through ignorance and several unregulated habitual practises.
For this reason I will catigorise the list into two.
Some common unregulated practices that cause sinusitis infection include:
- Cigarette smoking. This can either be passive or active
- Untreated cold leading to frequent occurrence especially among children
- Neglected dental disease such as tooth abscess
- Regular use of nasal decongestant sprays usually for more than three to four days
- untreated hay fever or other allergies
In addition to the above, there are other causes. these are:
- Nasal polyps
- Structural abnormalities of the nose.
- fungi invasion
Allergies are caused by allergens. It comes about when there is a combination of inheritance and environmental conditions.
Some of the most common cause of allergies include:
- Dust mites
- Dander. This is flakes from animal skin and hair
- venom of insects
- Food allergies like peanut and seafood
- Environmental factors like dampness, cold, etc